Monday, July 2, 2018

Bits and Pieces in my World

As i write this, our rainy days have not  stopped since last weekend. Rainy season has arrived finally! Our heat subsided, hopefully our electric bills as well. It started with a thunderstorm, followed by a typhoon that already left, but there is still a strong pull of Southeast Moonsoon rains giving us floodings in some areas and of course No Classes in all levels. The last one is much awaited by students, young and old. Government employees also share in the rainy-day-holidays because work was declared half day last Monday. Then of course yesterday is our INDEPENDENCE DAY! Many believe we don't really have a TRUE independence, but we wallowed in "holiday". I cannot just go home to the province to attend to my plants, but i had some extra time to clean the house and do the laundry. And of course, i had more time editing my pictures, blogging and in FB. Haha, it is a real holiday.

Sanzevieria trifasciata blooms last dry season, with full sweet scent at night.

Spider plant, Chlorophytum comosum, grows well when fertilized. This just started from a very small plantlet like those at the end of the long stems. Now it has a lot of plantlets ready to be an independent plant. 

A volunteer eggplant i nurtured well with fertilizers, and has already given me the first fruit. Those two fruits will in turn be for my sister and mother who water it daily during the very dry months. I hope it will grow even better now during the rainy season. 

that is the first fruit which i ate with relish, excitement and thankfulness

a moth larva is trying to get a share, but i saw it before it was able to bite

These are guavas i found in the thicket, fallowed areas when i was looking for butterflies. Eaten early morning, it gave me a full doze of Vitamin C requirement and tummy full too. It gave me power in chasing butterflies in the wild to photograph.

And to complete the story of my day, let me show you our new young kittens, which do not stop at all from running, teasing each other, pulling each other's tail and everything. Look at that, they were just stopped by my camera. 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, I am sorry to hear about your weather, but maybe you are pleased to have the water for your plants. It is also good to have time to catch up with chores. We are on holiday in Spain just now. The weather is hotter than Scotland, although it has been sunny there since the beginning of April. It is unusual to see the grass being brown!
    I hope the weather clears up for you soon and lots of fresh butterflies appear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Nick, time to catch up for my gardening backlog, which are still piling up! The grasses here are now green with the heavy rains for the last two weeks, so i thought the butterflies are already waiting for me. Then next week i will not go home for some wkend appointments in the city, so sad for the butterflies. Enjoy your holiday in Spain. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. HI ,Wonderful collection of houseplants ,never seen snake plant in bloom ,your guava harvest is drooling we have to wait for another four to six months to harvest it,that is one lovely shot of kitten playing around.
    http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arun, those guavas are in the wild fallowed areas i saw while chasing butterflies.

      Delete
  3. The plants are lovely as always, but those kittens are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by always Al. Best regards.

      Delete
  4. Great plants and in the end an overload of cuteness. Hope your chain is not to well oiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, it is not well oiled. Thanks much.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes Lady Fi, they are always so lovely when young! Thanks.

      Delete
  6. I love the kittens! And I am intrigued about the guava. I don't know if I've ever eaten any guava...perhaps I will buy one and find out!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kay try it, those in the supermarkets are lovely with thick pulps and less seeds, unlike these native ones which are the opposite. But i love them still.

      Delete
  7. I am pleased you are getting a break from the heat … we have been busy watering our new landscaping - I would like to have more rain, but it is wishful thinking in our arid environment. Next summer these native plants will not require all this hand-holding! I love eggplant and I am very jealous of your lovely produce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kittens are cute and look like they are having so much fun. Who knew climbing over a bicycle wheel could be entertaining?
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute kittens Andrea..Glad you got to catch up on some work..I love all these exotic to me plants...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I definitely recognize the spider plant, I use to have one hanging in my old house. They are definitely a topic of conversation.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.