Friday, April 8, 2016

The Yellows

Last week i've posted our flowers with orange colors. Today i am posting the yellows to follow the color that Floral Friday Fotos posted.  We also have lots of yellow flowers, but these ones are easier to locate in my files, of course they are all hoya. I know you will not be surprised because i have been telling everyone of my hoya addiction. And this addiction flows to the blogs and to Facebook too. Sometimes i also put individual features of hoya in In Focus.

I didn't expect that i already have a few yellow hoyas in my collection, i never counted them until i realized when i posted here. Yellows are lovely, and they are not as loud as the orange and the reds.

In case you will be bored with my hoya photos, i hope you wont, i included two yellow photos at the last. They are common plants too, ampalaya or bitter gourd, which is a vegetable and a chrysanthemum. I hope you enjoy these.

 Hoya alwitriana

 Hoya halconensis

 Hoya merrillii

 Hoya crassicaulis


 Hoya buotii

 Hoya crassicaulis

ampalaya

Chrysanthemum with a green visitor

19 comments:

  1. Such unusual and petit looking flowers.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I like the one showing the underside of the Hoya flowers with them all radiating out from the stem. I also like the little green creature in the last picture. I wonder what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nick, there really are hoyas lovely when viewed from the back. You seem not to be posting much these days.

      Delete
  3. I never tire of your hoyas...love the yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donna, it will take years before i get tired of them too. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful. Thank you! I needed these bursts of bright hopefulness on this cold day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, i will not tire of posting our colors which are plenty, till you regain your own in your still snow-laden environment. Thank you for always dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nora, thanks for your very kind words. As my friend says, the other half of excitement in growing hoyas is in photographing them. I even neglected the butterflies whenever i am home. Hoyas are really addictive, but am not complaining. We have lots of insects and spiders to capture as well, so please drop by again as i feature them once-in-a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, these are amazing macros… absolutely gorgeous blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the waxy pale hoya too! Gorgeous! The other yellows were so sunshiny and I loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marie, thanks. Do you also have hoyas? They grow well indoors in your cold country.

      Delete
  8. Love your yellow Hoyas! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Katarina, wish you a warming spring.

      Delete
  9. Hello, beautiful yellows and lovely blooms . Great macro shots. Happy Wednesday, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great birding weekend Eileen. thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  10. Really interesting insect, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donna, it is still a mystery to me. thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. A lovely bunch of sunny yellow blossoms, Andrea!
    Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.