Sunday, October 21, 2018

Nature Finds Again

I have the habit of composing my blog posts early morning Monday, fast and quick because i am just sneaking for sometime before i start my normal work. I first look at my latest pictures during that weekend and choose the nature or macro photos from there. I always have bias for either hoyas or butterflies, because they are the ones i have the addiction for. Today i am posting on Sunday night because i did not go home this weekend. The culprit is the very hot surroundings yesterday morning when i am about to go home to the province. The result is that i do not have fresh weekend photos, i did not see nor take any butterfly shots, and the hoyas are both untended and not photographed.

But never mind, i always have lots of photos from recent files. Hmmm i wish to find some shots for Nature Notes. When i am looking for butterflies my attention is always for them, but when only a few of them show up i have attention too for other entities including spiders. However, i seldom know their names.

 a common jumping spider, Salticidae species

A lichen spider guarding its egg sac, it is supposed to be outside with the lichens but probably gallivanting and was trapped inside the bathroom. So it just stayed there with its egg sac. It has been there for two weeks.  Pandercetes sp. (Sparassidae)


A spitting spider (Scytodea sp.) carrying an egg sac . I don't know if they get prey even while guarding their eggs. If only i have time to spare, i will watch them spitting on their prey.

 a colorful Opadometa species

This is a very common resident of my hoya flowers, a crab spider. Very seldom will a hoya umbel  be without it. They are hiding there to ambush bees and butterflies that visit the flowers.

 My first time to see this one, i think unique for a spider

 Nephila sp.

Neoscona theisi



The owner of this web is very small hiding at the back of the central  object, pretending they are big.

I still have lots of spider photos, but i can't seem to see most of them when there's the need. I am posting these to the Arachnophiles Group in FB to know their names. When ready i will put them here. Thanks much!



22 comments:

  1. Such a nice series of spiders, they all look different from our spiders and not scaring at all. When I think of tropical conditions I always think of big, hairy, dangerous spiders, but of course I know this is not true. First photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, and this is not even intentionally trying to find them, they are just there in front of my eyes so i might as well take their pics. And there are still a lot out there! I am glad they are not very big or else it is a very scary world.

      Delete
  2. If the spider with the bright orange cephalothorax is indeed a jumper, I'd be damned!

    Cool photo of the scytodid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to correct me if something is wrong, i am not familiar with spiders' names.

      Delete
  3. Oh, a spider post! I love them, although I prefer to find them outside. ;-) They're definitely important in their ecosystems, and they're fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beth they are helpful in the garden, but because they are so plenty i get some of them and throw them to the other areas, they are nuisance sometimes. And also i several times saw them eating the butterflies, hahaha!

      Delete
  4. You've shown us some interesting spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonder of nature so much species so little but also so different. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many and it is just this month, besides i don't really intentionally looked for them.

      Delete
  6. So many different spiders and some very pretty ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a great selection of spiders. The photo of the jumping spider is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating at least one of them.

      Delete
  8. Hello, what a great collection of spiders. So many different species, I like the first jumping spider and the crab spider? They are all beautiful photos, well done. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is only for two weekends, and not even intending to shoot them, just serendipitously seen them during my garden chores.

      Delete
  9. I am not normally afraid of spiders, but I found myself looking at these and being thankful they were in my computer and not actually in front of me!!! What a stunning variety of arachnids - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, what a wide variety of critters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe yes I know there really are people scared of them, but when they are in photos, and as you said in the computer only, they are cute! You know what! I am scared of very soft-looking larvae!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post and all the information. We have little jumping spiders in the house. I leave then alone..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.