Monday, March 9, 2015

Biggest of my Hoyas

Despite the many hoyas in my collection and the number of flowers blooming at the same time, it seems incomplete without this! If one is different, or getting too much of your time, or taking so much of your patience, it becomes very important. Just like the rose of The Little Prince, this hoya seems to be mine.

Its first blooming was in December when i was out of the country. It gets working at once and produced buds immediately after the first 3 blooms fell. That was the start of my weekly commute for home because these buds might open at my back. Unlike other hoyas in my collection, its progress seems so slow. Maybe that is because the buds are big, so they are very conspicuous. But i really felt more than 2 months from buds is very long enough.


corona of Hoya imperialis

I almost forget going home when my sister called saying i must go home now, as in NOW! Hoya imperialis already opened 1 flower. I suddenly went home last Saturday and 3 buds already opened when i got home.

 another angle of the corona

Will you not be enticed by this sight?  It is one of the biggest hoyas, and this originated from Papua New Guinea. The diameter of one flower is about 2 inches in that normally curved form. 

After taking a lot of photos, i can't seem to be satisfied that 2 of them remained tightly closed! I arrived home at 1:00pm and at 5:00pm those 2 buds are still very hesitant to open. My sister said they might be still due the following day. I can't agree on that, so i tried putting pressure to the center of the bud, and it cracked, even with a crackling sound. I repeated the process to the other one and it followed unhesitatingly. I jokingly said that it can do a "Caesarian section".

Here is the final picture of all the flowers fully open. You can see that right one still newly opening. But who will blame me for my impatience! They are so lovely impressing the onlookers as a group. I don't think someone will contradict me on that.


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous macros, the shots look so plump.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, such great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great plant. I've never seen anything like this. Fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Looks a little bit like plastic ;)

    Greetings, anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are gorgeous! Huge too. I didn't know there were hoyas that big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phantastic photos, especially the first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shots & the text - amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I don't think I have seen one so big...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots of an impressing Hoya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an interesting plant! I can see why it's your favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, Andrea! One can see in the macros why they are called waxflowers.
    Thanks for taking part in Floral Friday Fotos, I appreciate your contributions!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.