Monday, July 15, 2019

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day July 2019

Starting when i do not have daily routines anymore, i can already do whatever i fancy doing! Many who are still in the "routine business" might envy my conditions. Yes, i actually am enjoying my days very much. It is still barely 7 months in my new life, and some  consequences  include forgetting my blog posts. My last was still in April. I hope i can regain the enthusiasm of routine blog posting.

Now i am showing you some blooms after the first heavy rains in June. Rains were actually very late by one month, and we can always blame El Nino or climate change for these changes. Nevertheless, typhoons have to come and visit us, with rains as the positive consequence. Maybe if not for the typhoons, we will be as dry as the deserts.

One of the best consequences is stopping the dormancy of hippeastrum, and the flowers emerge way ahead of their leaves. They bloom only once a year, so blooming is always very special, expected and savored. I have always loved hippeastrum and they always give me a yearly high.

  one of the siblings of my crosses, flowered after 4 yrs

  NoID given by a friend

 Hippeastrum x johnsonii

 Hippeastrum x johnsonii

Hippeastrum puniceum

Hippeastrum puniceum 'Alberti' 

 Hippeastrum 'Blossom Peacock'

 Hippeastrum 'Blossom Peacock'

 Hippeastrum 'Blossom Peacock'

another sibling of my cross with H x johnsonii

 another sibling of H x johnsonii

Next post, will be for other bulbs. 



8 comments:

  1. Hello, what a beautiful collection of pretty blooms. Lovely photos. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I haven't for a few months. I am glad you are still with me. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  2. Amaryllis are always rewarding in blooms with little care.Happy blooms day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but i grow them from seeds, some from my crosses so it took a long time before blooming.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful blooms--you have quite a collection of Amaryllis plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beth, i have a few of them which i mostly raise from my crosses, so it took lots of years before i see the outcome! But when they do, they are all inspiring.

      Delete
  4. There aren't enough adjectives in the English language to describe these glorious flowers! Glad to have you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, I hope my plants will not be so constricting. Figs are a demanding lot!

      Delete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.